As a volunteer, this is a FREE service available through Services NSW. Once registered, your WWC is valid for 5 years & can be renewed online.
To apply for a WWC number .... here's what you need to do:
- Go online to https://www.kidsguardian.nsw.gov.au/working-with-children/working-with-children-check and click on the blue link "APPLY FOR YOUR CHECK"
- Fill in your details as required & under "Purpose of Check" choose Volunteer and under "Child Related Sector" choose Parent Volunteer - Other
- Record the receipt number that will be given to you.
- Attend a Services NSW Office (there is one inside the Home Hub on Victoria Ave, Castle Hill) with your receipt number and your photo ID (eg. driver's licence, passport etc)
- You will be emailed a WWC number that ends in "V" fo Volunteer along with an Expiry Date